At Capri Hotel Suite Amman we stress the importance of privacy and are committed to earning the trust of our guests by adopting high standards for the protection of personal information.
Our policy outlines the type of personal information we collect and receive, the circumstances in which we collect or receive personal information, the policies and procedures we have established outlining its use and storage, and for sharing certain types of personal information in certain limited circumstances, the procedures you should follow if you have any questions or requests in respect of your personal information or our policies and procedures and the person to whom such questions or requests should be directed, and the means by which to communicate with that person.
HOW YOU MAY PROVIDE US YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
1.By making a reservation or by using Capri Hotel Suite Amman services.
2.By providing it to us in communications regarding service delivery such as comment cards.
3.By providing the information to us by participating in a marketing initiative.
Below we will outline the type of information normally collected in each of these circumstances, the reasons for doing so, how we will use it and store it.
MAKING A RESERVATION
When making a reservation or using Capri Hotel Suite Amman services it is necessary to have information in order to identify you, contact you and to process your purchase and requests.
This information usually includes your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, credit card number and expiration date, and language preference. It may also include, if you choose to share that information with us, your preferences regarding the delivery of your service such as type of room, type of bed, and the like. We also offer special discounts from time to time that may have qualifying criteria. Sometimes we offer special offers to, for example, seniors or for children. To assess your eligibility and process your reservation correctly, we need to record your date of birth at the time of booking. You may be required to provide personal identification with your date of birth in order to verify this upon check-in.
From time to time, we offer packages or other services that involve third parties. If you are partaking of such a package or service, your personal information will be shared with that third party to the extent necessary to provide that service and process the purchase or request.
If you do not wish to receive such offers and information you may unsubscribe or opt-out by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line “Unsubscribe”, so indicating your request with sufficient personal identifiers so we can appropriately act on your request. All our marketing communication of this type will also contain instructions for unsubscribing.
INFORMATION PROVIDED TO US IN COMMUNICATIONS REGARDING SERVICE DELIVERY SUCH AS COMMENT CARDS
Information provided to us in such a fashion will be used solely for the purpose of recording your comments, communicating with you in respect of them, reviewing them with the subject hotel and hotel personnel, for the purposes of recognizing employees for excellence of service delivery and for developing improvements in service delivery.
Capri Hotel Suite Amman OFFERS YOU THE ABILITY TO RECEIVE TARGETED, TIMELY NOTIFICATION OF TIME SENSITIVE OFFERS
To sign up for this service we require you to provide us with your e-mail address, first name, last name, language preference, and country of residence. You may unsubscribe at any time using the link provided on every e-mail message and you will no longer receive e-mail offers and promotions for the specified subscription or website, as the case may be. You may at any time in the future opt-in to receive e-mail offers.
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. To establish and maintain a responsible commercial relationship with you and to provide ongoing service.
2. To understand your needs and preferences. We maintain a record of the products and services you receive from us and we may ask for additional information so that we can serve you better. For example, we may record your preference for type of room.
3. To develop, enhance, market or provide products and services. For example, we look at our guests’ use of our services so that we can better understand how to improve our services.
4. To manage and develop our business and operations. For example we analyze guest patterns of usage of our hotels and services to help us manage them efficiently and plan for future growth.
5. To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We disclose personal information only in these limited circumstances:
1. We may disclose a guest’s personal information to a person who, in the reasonable judgment of Capri Hotel Suite Amman, is seeking the information as an agent of the guest – for example, a travel agent who is booking a reservation on behalf of the guest.
2. Personal information will be shared with the Capri Hotel Suite Amman for which your reservation has been made so that they may provide the services you have reserved.
3. Personal information will be shared with a third party involved in supplying the guest with the services they have purchased to the extent necessary to effect the supply and the processing of the transaction.
4. Personal information may be shared with a third party retained by Capri Hotel Suite Amman to perform functions on its behalf such as reservations handling, data processing or storage, guest surveys or research.
5. Personal information may be shared with an agent retained by Capri Hotel Suite Amman to evaluate a customer’s credit worthiness or in order to collect a customer’s account.
6. Personal information may be shared with a public authority or an agent of public authority if in the reasonable judgment of Capri Hotel Suite Amman it appears that there is an imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information, or which disclosure is compelled by legal authority.
Any such disclosure of a guest’s personal information by Capri Hotel Suite Amman to a third party will be made only on a confidential basis conditioned upon the information being used only for the purpose for which it has been disclosed.
1. Capri Hotel Suite Amman will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose than those identified above, except with your consent.
2. Capri Hotel Suite Amman will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards.
3. Capri Hotel Suite Amman will take appropriate steps to protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with third parties.
4. Capri Hotel Suite Amman will strive to keep your personal information as accurate and up to date as is necessary for the purposes identified above.
5. Capri Hotel Suite Amman will honor your request to access your personal information in as timely fashion as is reasonably possible.
1. At the completion of all transaction, financial information is deleted from the server.
2. Orders are handled individually and manually.
3. The orders are handled by the company internally.
4. The company takes all security measures to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of information under our control.
Financial information that is collected is on a secure server (SSL).
Financial information (such as credit card numbers) is collected on a third party secure server in order to allow orders to be sent our customers and to update customers of new services, specials, and products.
Financial information that is collected is deleted from the secure server in a timely manner after the completion of the transaction for which it was used.
For any privacy-specific requests like “Right of Access” (getting), “Right to Rectification” (updating) and “Right to Erasure” (deleting) your personal data, you are advised to send e-mail to email@example.com.
What is the GDPR, exactly?
The GDPR is a new law that concerns itself with the handling of personal data of European Union (EU) residents. It takes effect on May 25, 2018.
Over two years in the making, the GDPR is intended to give EU residents more visibility and control over their personal data: how websites, including eCommerce websites, collect data; who they share it with; and what tracking technologies monitor them across the Internet.
If you sell to EU residents, this law applies to you — even if you aren’t in the EU. Fines for non-compliance will be substantial and can be levied on businesses both in and outside the EU.
What new privacy-related rights does the GDPR gives EU residents?
The new law requires stores to inform their customers about what information they collect, store, and share, and establishes specific rules about the kind of consent required before stores can collect personal data. That means that stores will be asking for consent more explicitly and detailing their use of personal data more specifically in their privacy policies.
In addition to clearer notices and privacy policies, the GDPR also gives EU residents powerful new rights such as the Right of Access, Right to Rectification, and Right to Erasure.
That means that EU residents will be able to:
Demand a copy of all the data you have about them.
Demand any errors in the data be corrected.
Request the removal of all personal data.
The GDPR also gives EU residents the right to find out if their personal data has been compromised. Websites will need to notify customers if their personal data is stolen in a breach and do so in a timely manner.
What’s Personal Data, Exactly?
GDPR isn’t about all information—the new rights for EU residents specifically apply to Personal Data.
Personal Data means anything that can identify a person, either on its own or combined with other data. Examples include a person’s:
Physical address or email address
Last four credit card digits
Shipping tracking numbers (these are unique to an order, and thus to a person)
Basically, if you can use a piece of data to identify an EU resident or combine it with other data to identify them—that’s personal data.